Updated as of February 6, 2010
- Non-Account Activity. You can watch videos on TechieVideos without having a TechieVideos Account. You can also contact us about a particular video without having a TechieVideos Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on TechieVideos—like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos—require you to have a TechieVideos Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a TechieVideos Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use TechieVideos, the channels, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in TechieVideos (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (in messages, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the TechieVideos Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the TechieVideos Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the TechieVideos Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the TechieVideos Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. Other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major TechieVideos Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the TechieVideos Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site.
These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date,
subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide
advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or
third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of
this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, the country and the number of videos you have watched.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you upload videos or send messages through the TechieVideos Sites. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your channel page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, you name, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include what videos you favorite, and what videos you have uploaded.
- Any videos that you submit to the TechieVideos Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. Other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the TechieVideos Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the TechieVideos Sites, but TechieVideos may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your channel page.
For more information about our privacy practices, write to us at:
5975 Lee Vista Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32822, USA